MfgTool QSPI config file for N25Q128 ; SoloX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool QSPI config file for N25Q128 ; SoloX

bap3ball
Contributor III

Trying to program the QSPI1A (single device) on our custom board using the MfgTool. We are able to run thru the MfgTool scripts and program the device but it does not boot from the QSPI chip; using Micron N25Q128 chip.
I am guessing the header information is wrong (LUT table?), as the only example I have is for the SabreSD eval board which uses N25Q256 devices, and uses two of them on QSPI2 ports. I have tried various changes to the configuration file with no success. Using qsip-nor-micron-n25q256a-config as the baseline file and making changes to it. I have tried the settings from this post but this also does not appear to work for us.

https://community.freescale.com/message/594413#comment-594413

Does anyone have a QSPI config file for a single N25Q128 device they have used to successfully program the QSPI header (and uboot) on a custom board?

Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bruce,

I chekced the version of MFG Tools,  you don't need to adjust config file for spi-nor-flash in MFG Tools, It should be only releated to MTD device, from list of ulc2.xml, you can find 'of=/dev/mtd0' line. But if you connect SPI Nor Flash to QSPI1 port, you should do IOMUX for QSPI1 pins in u-boot and linux kernel, this is only difference from QSPI2.

Try it , please!

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

bap3ball
Contributor III

Turns out the problem was not in the header/config file. The problem turned out to be in the u-boot image...it was not built with the QSPI defconfig option. So the changes in the referenced post do work for the N25Q128A.

0 Kudos