Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, MX13892 XTAL2 routing

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

My customer found a miss routing of MC13892/XTAL2 which is used with i.MX51 on their custom board.

We received from i.MX community the solution that XTAL2 should be connected to VCOREDIG pin when it is unused.

And the customer wants to know the exact reason why XTAL2 should be connected to VCOREDIG.

Could you give me the answer?

Actually, the rework that the customer connects XTAL2 and VCOREDIG is impossible on their board due to its PCD layout. Do you have any other ideas for the workaround?

The customer thinks that they can pull down XTAL2 to GND, or connect XTAL2 to GND on their board.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

"If not used, XTAL1 should be connected to ground and XTAL2 to VCOREDIG.

This is for the internal detector circuit thresholds, there is a circuit which detects

whether a crystal is present or not."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

"If not used, XTAL1 should be connected to ground and XTAL2 to VCOREDIG.

This is for the internal detector circuit thresholds, there is a circuit which detects

whether a crystal is present or not."

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos