CodeWarrior MCU v6.3 query

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior MCU v6.3 query

joshwinpaul
Contributor I

Hello, I am about to purchase an Xbee Zigbee programmable module for a project. This module requires CodeWarrior MCU V6.3 from Freescale. I downloaded it from the products ftp server and when I tried installing it on Windows 10, a window popped up and said CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v6.3 is not compatible with Windows XP 64-bit installations. Any help that can be provided would be grateful. I would also like to know if there is a paid full version or is there only one free version.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RodneyMcGee
Contributor IV

I use 6.3 everyday under Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 7. 

Just follow these steps carefully. 

How-to Directly Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Classic in Windows 7 & 10 x64 (Unofficial Method) 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshwin,

Unfortunately CodeWarrior 6.3 does not support Windows 10, only Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 64bit (here is an application note that explains how to install it on Windows 7 64bit):

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN3936.pdf

Regarding the CodeWarrior versions, on the below link you can find a comparison between the available suites and prices for CodeWarrior 6.3:

CodeWarrior Suites (Bas, Stand, Pro)|NXP

Do you know which MCU does the XBee module includes? Maybe CodeWarrior 10.6 which is the latest release supports that MCU.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joshwinpaul
Contributor I

Mr. Mendoza,

Thank you for your response. The link that you have provided displays a table that shows information on CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers - RS08/HC(S)08, ColdFire V1 (Classic IDE).

Is this the same as CodeWarrior 6.3 ?

I am  currently discussing the need for this RF Module to my supervisor. As soon as I receive the information regarding the MCU I will inform you.

Regards,

Joshwin Paul

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshwin,

Yes, it is the same version:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Classic IDE|NXP

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer