similar chip to HTSICH48 or HTSICH56 (ISO 14223 compatible)with a direct access to the user memory? (i.e- using SPI/CAN or other type of serial communication method)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

similar chip to HTSICH48 or HTSICH56 (ISO 14223 compatible)with a direct access to the user memory? (i.e- using SPI/CAN or other type of serial communication method)

yigaledrey
Contributor I

Is there chip similar to  HTSICH48 or  HTSICH56 (ISO 14223 compatible) but with a direct access to the user memory? (i.e- using SPI/CAN or other type of serial communication method) and on the other hand- have the RFID function?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yigal,

You may refer to the following app note for details.

pastedImage_0.png

Please note this require to request a password at first, please follow the instructions when you try to open this doc.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yigaledrey
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

On your last email- the app note refers to Coil Design Guide and I didn't find any reference for the part samples/order.

Trying to find a way to order samples – I've found a reference to a distributor, however- there is a MOQ of 22,000 and I'm looking only for few samples (Please refer to the pictures below)

Is there another way to contact NXP for samples?

Thanks again for your help.

Yigal

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yigal,

I am sorry, but we don't have such kind of NTAG I2C chip for ISO 14223.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

yigaledrey
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

I appreciate your response.

Knowing there's no such chip (with serial communication to the memory) - I would like to check the feasibility of working with the HTSICH56 or HTSICH48 chips.

Is there a possibility to get few samples for testing?

Thanks,

Best regards

Yigal

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yigal,

I checked with our AE team, and they recommended NTAG I2C , but not sure if that meets your user case, please refer to NTAG I²C plus, NFC Forum Type 2 Tag comp|NXP  for more details.

Please kindly let me know if you have any issue.

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos

yigaledrey
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Thanks for your response.

The chip looks exactly like what I need, But it doesn't support the ISO 14223 standard (It supports only the ISO 14443 standard).

Is there a similar chip that supports the ISO 14223 standard?

Best regards

Yigal

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yigal Edrey,

Do you mean you need a similar device with serial port to allow access the internal EEPROM? Please kindly help to clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos

yigaledrey
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Yes, that's what I mean.

Basicaly- I'm looking for a chip that has all the RFID capabilities and meat the ISO 14223 standard with the option to access the internal EEPROM through a serial port (Rather than access it with the radio as in the standard way.

Thanks,

Best regards

Yigal

0 Kudos