cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS and KSDK Version

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using KDS3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2.0 and everything is working fine.

Now, I am going to use K65F/K66F and KV58F for my new projects. And have the following questions:

1) I saw there is KDS3.0.1 on NXP website, do I need to use this version instead of my old version?

2) There is KSDK 2.0 available. I checked the release note and saw there are lots of difference between 2.0 and 1.2.

Is it possible to install both KSDK to work with KDS 3.0.0. Can I install two KDS3.0.0, one with KSDK 1.2, the other with KSDK 2.0?

3) KSDK 2.0 supports K65F/K66F, KV58F, TWR-K65F, TWR-KV58F, and etc...?

4) KSDK 2.0 is supporting SDRAM on TWR-K65F?

5) I am going to use Ethernet, USB, file systems, CANBUS, UART, IIC, and etc...on K65F/K66F. Which tools should I use? Which way should I use, like with MQX, RTOS, and etc...?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
13 Replies

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi David,

Thank you for your information.

I tested with P&E Multilink Universal and works fine. But not working with OpenODC.

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

Iva may have official response but my testing has not been able to get OpenODC/MBED to work with TWR-K65F.

I have been able to use PEMicro and JLink without issue.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Iva,

Thank you for your answers.

1) Fixed. Before I tried to update KSDK2.0 wizard after KDS3.2.0 installation. No need.

2) Could you tell me how to install KSDK1.3 into KDS3.2.0 and use KSDK1.3 to build my project that is the same way as KSDK1.2 that I am using now? The reason I want to use it is that KV58F is supported on KSDK1.3 and I was told that I should use KSDK1.3 for KV58F development with Process Expert. Could you tell me which KSDK1.3 version support KV58F because I only can see KSDK 1.3 supports KV46F in your release note...

3) It is working after I re-install the KDS3.2.0

4) When the new tool that is similar to Process Expert be available to use. Without it, it is very hard to build the customized project now...

5) OK.

6) I can wait for July. But I want to know which KSDK version(2.0 or 1.3) I should use to build motor control application?

7) Can you confirm that OpenOCD is not supported for K65F?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Christie.

To your points:

2,4) At the moment I have finished my testing - load demo application Hello World from SDK 1.3 for FRDM-K64 under KDS 3.2 ,execute it and it works without problems

At the moment there is no support for KV58F in KSDK. (neither KSDK 1.0. nor KSDK 1.3) But KV58F could be supported in KSDK 2.0 in July. Also you can test new tools replacing PEx capability called Pin Tool, Clock Tool, which will be also ready soon.

For this while is available Power Estimation Tool. (please see picture below)

You will see it at kex.freescale.com

tools.png

6) KSDK 2.0 because of support KV family.

7) David answered.

In case of any issue, please let me know.

Best Regards.

Iva

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Iva/Erich,

1) I power TWR-K65F180M and looks like it works.

But, I can't see it on hyper terminal. What do I need to do?

2) I installed KDS 3.2.0 and did on line update. Then, I created SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M package.

I tried "hello world" sample and got the errors when I compile it...

Could you tell me how to test my first project on TWR-K65F180M board by using KDS3.2.0 and KSDK2.0?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Iva/Erich,

I installed KDS 3.2.0 and had the following problems:

1) When I select "install new software", I can't select KSDK 2.0 Wizard, I have to select all...

2) I have to install KSDK 1.3 first? This is the same way to install KSDK 1.2 as before?

3) Then, I generate the TWR-K65F180M KSDK2.0 package. When I build "Hello World" project, I get error as attached doc...

4) When I use KSDK2.0, how can I configure my hardware, like pin definition because Process Expert not available, right?

5) Do you have the detailed procedure for KDS 3.2.0 and KDSK 1.3, KSDK2.0?

6) I was told that KV58F won't be available soon in KSDK2.0. Which environment should I use to build my project?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie.

1. Not sure, what do you exactly mean.

Please, did you correctly install KDS 3.2? https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=7490587

install.png

Project wizard looks :

wizard.png

You can easily create new project by this wizard

wizard2.png

or  you  can import the demo project by right click in Project Explorer Window and select Import .

After that I am able to flash the demo.

working.png

2. No, there is no reason.

3. Please see attached file with FRDM-K64 (the procedure is the same)

4. Right. The PE is not available for KSDK 2.0 but you can forward to new tools which coming soon.

5. My response in 3) point

6. For supported devices in future please see updated list at Introducing Kinetis SDK v2

KV58F could be supported in Release 3 – Target: Mid July, 2016

Kinetis V device and evaluation hardware support

But if you don´t want to wait, you can use any of paid IDE, as

IAR IAR Systems

KEIL Keil Embedded Development Tools for ARM, Cortex-M, Cortex-R4, 8051, C166, and 251 processor families...

Atollic ARM Development Tools IDE | TrueStudio from Atollic

or GCC.

In case of any issue or if I forget anything, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

I just installed KDS3.2.0 on my Windows 7.

Could you give me the detailed instructions to install KSDK 2.0 and KSDK1.3(Support KV58F) into KDS 3.2.0?

Could you give me the detailed instructions to use KDS 3.2.0, KSDK2.0 and KDS3.2.0, KSDK1.3 to build my project on K65F(TWR-K65F180M) and KV58F(TWR-K58F220M) MCUs?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

1) because there are important bug fixes, for more details please see Kinetis Design Studio Update V3.1.0 available

2) yes, there are some changes, please see KSDK 2.0 Transition Guide​ there are described the most significant differences between KSDK 1.3 and KSDK 2.0

Yes, you can have installed all versions KSDK, but it is recommended to use different workspace. Create for each version KSDK own workspace in KDS. (KSDK 1.2 will use workspace1.2, KSDK 2.0 workspace2.0 etc..) and you will switch between these workspaces.

workspace.png

For installing KSDK 2.0 please use KEX Config Tool, Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert

3) KSDK supports TWR-K65F180M (MK65FN2M0VMI18), KV58F could be supported by June, 2016, please see Introducing Kinetis SDK v2 , more supported devices are described in  attached file.

4) Yes. KSDK 2.0 has fsl_sdramc driver and example created as well.

5) you can use FreeRTOS, µC/OS-II or µC/OS-III.

All supported drivers you can find in Kinetis SDK 2.0 API Reference Manual: API Reference

drivers are located at C:\Freescale\KSDK 2.0\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\devices\MK65F18\drivers

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Iva

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Iva,

Thank you for your answers. I have more questions:

1) I installed KDS 2.0.0 and KSDK1.1.0 and KDS3.0.0 and KSDK1.2.0 on my PC because the project built on two KSDKs are not easy to convert, so I kept two versions to work on the different project.

2) Now, there is KSDK2.0 that is a big difference with earlier version 1.2/1.3. Can I install KDS3.1.0 and KSDK2.0, so I can use this environment to build my new project on same PC? Or I have to switch between KSDK1.2 and KSDK2.0?

3) It is better to use KDS3.1.0 and KSDK2.0 for my new project? The TCP/IP stack, USB stack and file system will be supported on KSDK2.0? The NXP will keep this kind of environment for a longer time, not several months? I am tired of changing to the different environment in short time?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) yes, this is ok

2) if you start to develop new project, please use the newest KSDK and newest KDS.
So, KSDK 2.0 and KDS 3.2

3) Yes, exactly.

Please download K65 package from http://kex.freescale.com/en/summary

Documentation for lwip,rtos and usb you will find under C:\Freescale\KSDK 2.0\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\docs

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

about point 1)

I recommend to use KDS v3.2.0 (see New Kinetis Design Studio v3.2.0 available )
Erich

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Thanks, Erich.

0 Kudos