QEMU emulation of an ls1043a image on external host

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QEMU emulation of an ls1043a image on external host

brandensherrell
Contributor III

I have been reading about building KVM into the kernel and including QEMU for virtualization on the target device. Although this may be useful at some point, at the moment I am interested in building an image that can be executed external to the target device much like a generic qemux86 image may be built using a vanilla Yocto build environment.

Has the capability been included in the fsl environment to build (kernel/rootfs) image for QEMU emulation? That is, not QEMU emulation on the target device, but rather on an x86 host or similar.

Looking at the available target machine types we have:

ls1043a-emu

ls1043a-simu

ls1043aqds

ls1043ardb

ls1043ardb-be

To build standard images for the target I have been building with ls1043ardb, but I have been unable to find any information about what the other four target machine types are for, specifically the two that appear to be targeted at virtualization (emu, simu). Further visibility into what these five machine types are for would be very helpful.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is LS1043a QDS board and LS1043a RDB board.

The LS1043a support little-endian mode and big-endian mode (-be).

Look at also the following documents:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/LS2SIMUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%20Guides&...

and

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/CW-ARMV8-RN.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Release%20...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos