What versions of what tools do I need to develop for the K65 using MQX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What versions of what tools do I need to develop for the K65 using MQX?

Jump to solution
RichardR
Contributor IV

So I have been searching around downloading various versions of Kinetis tools.  As I understand it, in order to use MQX, I need to use Kinetis SDK 1.3, and that seems to be fine.  However in order to use processor expert for the K65, it seems I need to use Kinetis SDK 2.x?  I am getting completely confused by all the different versions of different development tools that are now available for the Kinetis.  To add to the difficulties, I am using IAR workbench as my IDE.  I downloaded the latest KDS, version 3.2, because somewhere it said that in order to use processor expert for K65, I need that as opposed to just Processor Expert 10.4.  We are migrating from using K60 processors to K65/K66 processors.  The K60 was well supported by the older tools, and honestly I was quite happy with them, and the 3.x MQX that had everything built into it.  Now you seem to be pushing us hard to move away from using MQX with the newer processors.  Someone please help me with what exactly I need in order to develop for the K65 and K66 processors using MQX and the IAR Workbench IDE.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardR
Contributor IV

OK, I think I have it all figured out finally, the eclipse update in the KSDK 1.3 needed to be added to the KDS install.  This was really a painful process to find this out buried in the documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
razed11
Contributor V

Just went through the pain myself. The benefits of automation are often questionable.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Richard,

You can use the KSDK1.3 on IAR or KDS, it support the K65 and K66 chip with MQX.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
RichardR
Contributor IV

I did a clean install of KSDK 1.3, there is no support for K65/K66.  K64 is the latest processor in the package.  Is there a different install of KSDK 1.3 or an update to it hidden away somewhere that includes such support?

0 Kudos
RichardR
Contributor IV

I should rephrase that question I guess.  KSDK 1.3 does indeed support the K65 and K66, but, what I am unable to find is a way to generate processor expert files for those processors so that I can customize them for my application.  There are the ones that come with the KSDK, but what I have found so far is that PE 10.4 supports up the the K64, and what little information I have found suggests I need to use KDS 3.x?  Is that compatible with the rest of my toolchain (KSDK1.3, IAR 7.50)?

0 Kudos
RichardR
Contributor IV

OK, I think I have it all figured out finally, the eclipse update in the KSDK 1.3 needed to be added to the KDS install.  This was really a painful process to find this out buried in the documentation.

0 Kudos