FRDM board “Probe not found”

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM board “Probe not found”

feichen
Contributor I

I face some issues when programming/debug the board with OpenSDA . It reports this error “Probe not found”.   I find some guide from IAR website, but after I took the steps listed in the link, I still have this issue.   https://www.iar.com/support/tech-notes/debugger/cmsis-dap---probe-not-found/  and actually now in the device manager of my pc, it can already see the "PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver" under the Jungo Conectivity and  "OpenSDA CDC serial port" under COM Port.      But I do not know why it still reports the “Probe not found” when try to programming/debugging the board.

3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fei chen,

Could you tell me which FRDM board you are using now?

Because different FRDM board have different opensda version,  OPENSDAv1.x is the PE opensda, but OPENSDAv2.X is the CMSIS DAP, then you should select the according debugger interface in your IDE options.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feichen
Contributor I

Thanks Jingjing.  the issue is solved. and As you said, OPENSDAv1.x is the PE opensda, but OPENSDAv2.X is the CMSIS DAP.   in the Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2016_02_08 which i downloaded from below link

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=378

I tried different firmware, but none of them works as CMSIS DAP.   then i download one from NXP  FRDM QSP. it works now.

And another question.  as i understanding, if it works as PE openSDA, then in the IAR setting, if i configure the debugger as PE micro, and in the PE micro, choose the OpenSDA USB, it shall also works. But it seems it does not work.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fei chen,

You still don't tell me what the FRDM board you are using? FRDM-KL?

Please tell me the details!

If it is opensda V1.X, you still need to download the according PE firmware, then it can use as the PE opensda debugger, and IAR should working, but take care, if you are using KL board, you should select the SWD interface.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos