AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with Nitrogten6x_MAX DVI Output

Question asked by Steven Lopes on Mar 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 by igorpadykov

I'm having an issue with the output of the Nitrogten6x_MAX board, specifically using a HDMI to DVI cable.

I worked through a few issues in the kernel and have made some headway, but I am stuck with one last problem.  Every once in a while, and sometimes very consistently, the screen will output red or blue vertical lines overlaying the desktop.  This does not happen with every output device I plug into it, but on some it is very consistent.  The lines are usually a few pixels thick and sparkle on the right side (meaning the pixels are solid on the left but random on the right of the lines).

If I unplug the cable and plug it back in, everything is fine, until I boot up again.

I am hooking up to some DVI output boards which are rated to take 1024x768 @ 60hz and work great on a windows PC.  I have rewritten part of the kernel to specifically set itself to 1024x768 @ 60hz if that mode is identified in the EDID chip and 1920x1080 @ 60hz is not identified.

I have tried changing the frequency down to 30hz and back up to 50, 55, 57, 59, 59.94, 60, and 61.  No real change.  I notice there is a difference when using a single-link and a double-link cable, but both will produce the problem.

Has anyone dealt with this in the past or does anyone have any input on how to fix it?

Thank you!

Outcomes