Issue with Nitrogten6x_MAX DVI Output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Nitrogten6x_MAX DVI Output

stevenlopes
Contributor I

I'm having an issue with the output of the Nitrogten6x_MAX board, specifically using a HDMI to DVI cable.

I worked through a few issues in the kernel and have made some headway, but I am stuck with one last problem.  Every once in a while, and sometimes very consistently, the screen will output red or blue vertical lines overlaying the desktop.  This does not happen with every output device I plug into it, but on some it is very consistent.  The lines are usually a few pixels thick and sparkle on the right side (meaning the pixels are solid on the left but random on the right of the lines).

If I unplug the cable and plug it back in, everything is fine, until I boot up again.

I am hooking up to some DVI output boards which are rated to take 1024x768 @ 60hz and work great on a windows PC.  I have rewritten part of the kernel to specifically set itself to 1024x768 @ 60hz if that mode is identified in the EDID chip and 1920x1080 @ 60hz is not identified.

I have tried changing the frequency down to 30hz and back up to 50, 55, 57, 59, 59.94, 60, and 61.  No real change.  I notice there is a difference when using a single-link and a double-link cable, but both will produce the problem.

Has anyone dealt with this in the past or does anyone have any input on how to fix it?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven

if you have hdmi enabled in u-boot one can try to disable HDMI in u-boot and

let Linux initialize it:

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6703

DVI on boundary devices is decribed on:

http://boundarydevices.com/dvi-support-on-i-mx6-boards

Also preferable option is to use true HDMI monitor, in addition to DVI

signals HDMI provides control lines (I2C) for configuring, audio, hot plugging.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos