The MCU of  XS128  problem:Target reset pin timeout(rise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The MCU of  XS128  problem:Target reset pin timeout(rise)

xiasxian
Contributor I

Today,I download  one code on the  mcu of  mc9s12xs128,After that,when i want download  the code  again  ,the screen  bring out the tips:Target reset pin timeout(rise).I don't known how to solve the problem .So who  can teach  me,thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to solve the problem, we need to know:

1. your Codewarrior version

2. your board is NXP demo board or self designed board?

3. all the error message screenshots

meanwhile, please try this:

If you can not load any SW into the MCU it is more probable that the MCU is secured.
Sometimes when you change the MCU on the BDM it can happen that MCU get secure (depends on internal MCU memory configuration and the last debugger configuration). here is how to unsecure the MCU:
use external unsecure SW – can be downloaded from www.pemicro.com. (You have to create your own account to get access to Unsecure_12  (5699 KB)): Utility which unsecures HCS12 devices via P&E's BDM Interfaces such as Cyclone-PRO, USB-ML-12, and BDM-Multilink. http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm

Unsecure_12 Help Files: This .hlp file describes the use and operationg of the Unsecure_12 program which is used with P&E's interface devices to unsecure proeviously secured HCS12 microcontrollers.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xiasxian
Contributor I

MCU:mc9s12xs128

0 Kudos