Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring CKO1 output PLL5

Jump to solution
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I started with Yocto Jethro, and I successfully built a system image with the new 4.1 kernel.

I customized it with device tree, but I'm stuck with network. Our design use LAN8720 like Auto EVB, but RMII clock is provided by CKO1 output, CKO1(PTB10) is connected to RMII_CLKIN (PTA6) and connected to LAN8720 CLKIN (see this). This design needs few BSP customizations and it worked fine with the old 3.0.15 kernel from Timesys.

PTB10 is well configured as CKO1 mode by device tree, and CCSOR, PLL5_CTRL configured by u-boot.

At the end of kernel init, just before rfs mount, RMII CLK stops, then eth0 becomes unavailable.

But I don't know if PTB10 iomux mode changed or CCSOR/PLL5_CTRL.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Emmanuel

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Emmanuel,

We recently worked with this on different Vybrid hardware with the 4.1 kernel. I have attached several patches - one to setup CKO1 with ENET_CLK (you will need to add the 'enet-ref-clock-cko1' property to your device tree or remove this check in the patch), and another that cleans up pinmux settings for the LAN8720 PHY. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

View solution in original post

2 Replies
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Emmanuel,

We recently worked with this on different Vybrid hardware with the 4.1 kernel. I have attached several patches - one to setup CKO1 with ENET_CLK (you will need to add the 'enet-ref-clock-cko1' property to your device tree or remove this check in the patch), and another that cleans up pinmux settings for the LAN8720 PHY. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help to attend this case?

0 Kudos