TWR-K65F180M Not working with J-Link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K65F180M Not working with J-Link

RichardR
Contributor IV

I have been using a TWR-K60 board with my J-Link debugger for a couple years now with no issue at all, also use the same J-Link with various other boards and a variety of processors.  I searched the forums here, tried the various things suggested to no avail.  J32 removed, reflashed with latest binary.  Still nothing.  It's a rev A0 board according the the box.  I am using IAR workbench, and when I try to load an application into the K65, I just get "Failed to get CPU status after 4 retries."  Debug log shows "Could not measure total IR len.  TDO is constant high."

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Richard,

SWD interface doesn't use JTAG_TDO and JTAG_TDI pin while JTAG does.

the default board doesn't install R69 and R68, thus JTAG_TDO and JTAG_TDI can't work with JTAG.

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

I can confirm that adding the no load R68 and R69 0 ohm resistors corrects the problem, I can now use the j-link JTAG debugger with the board.

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

Using the SWD interface with J32 installed works, but is not ideal by any means.  I would really like to get the JTAG interface working

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

Oh, and I tried it with two different TWR-K65F180M boards.

0 Kudos