AnsweredAssumed Answered

iMX6 Sabre Boot Related Questions

Question asked by Atilla Mete Turedi on Mar 28, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 by Artur Petukhov

Greetings

I have two simple questions regarding the boot configuration pins of iMX6 and overall boot operation of the device.

First question is; If I do not insert boot config switches or resistors except for the BOOT_MODE[1:0] pins, by using the serial downloader to install u-Boot, is it possible to fully configure the boot process of iMX6. My idea is to get the u-Boot in iMX6 using BOOT_MODE pins in Serial Downloader mode (USB_OTG), get the u-Boot in and then program the eFUSES. In such a way, I am willing to reduce the number of components required for the boot process. I know it is handy to have switches but it increases the board size.

Second question is; Sabre has resistor arrays and dip switches on all boot config pins possible. Silly question but yet still, this doesnt mean such an architecture makes these pins useless right? The 4K7 resistors are inserted so that EIM signals can be removed from the boot config signals by removing these resistors and operate as usual. And when you need to configure the boot insert the resistors and remove the eim signals from whatever they are connected to in normal functionality. (An example is EIM_DA8 being connected to DISP0_RST_B over a 0 ohm resistor and also connected to BT_CFG2_0 over a 4.7K resistor)

Best Regards,

Mete

Outcomes