cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dyamic IP allocation and DNS resolve

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx287 board with Linux 2.6.35.3 with NAND Flash boot.

I am able to bring up board and able to see rootfs and uploaded net example to connect with Linux server in Local Network.

Following are my queries:

1) To assign IP address to board, I am using 'ifconfig eth0 x.x.x.x' command but this IP is not being reflected in Router List. So what are changes required to be made so that Board asks Router to assign IP address? (for both eth0 and eth1)

2) I am able to connect to systems within same network (checked using ping and pc_server, arm_client application). But not able to ping Internet Servers (like google, yahoo, 8.8.8.8) with or without IP address. Following are logs:

root@freescale ~$ ifconfig eth0

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:04:00:00:00:00 

inet addr:192.168.0.150  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

root@freescale ~$ ping 8.8.8.8

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes

ping: sendto: Network is unreachable

root@freescale ~$

My requirement is to access outside network to send and get data. How to achieve this?

3) Currently I am loading code to board using USB stick, I started TFTP server on my Ubuntu system as mentioned in LTIB guide but code is not being fetched by board?

Any starting point will be helpful.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavesh

for tftp, ip settings please check attached uboot document

sect.5.2 Ethernet Download. Tftp settings are described in AN3875

sect.5.3 TFTP Host Setup:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/app_note/AN3875.pdf

For internet access may be recommended

to apply to your system network administrator, as office firewall may restrict

such access.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for sharing information. I am able to download files to imx28 Board using tftp.

But still I have to assign IP address to board using ifconfig command. is there any change required to be done in /etc/udhcpd.conf or any other settings so that board will be asking router to get IP?

And DNSReolve() is not working for IP addresses of Internet. If I am not wrong it is because Router is blocking request from board as IP address is not assigned by Router but manually assigned.  So if above issue is resolved than DNSResolve() will work then after.

I checked with Network team and there is no blocking and no Firewall applied for requested Sites. (google, 8.8.8.8, yahoo etc.)

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Able to resolve this by updating LTIB configuraion. Following are the changes.

LTIB -> Package List ->  Select DHCP and DHCP client

LTIB -> Target System Configuration -> Start Networking -> Network setup -> Enable Interface 0(eth0)

This will prompt for both Link Up and Down. Also it is able to ping outside servers.

But still it does not apply IP from router it takes IP address provided in configuration.

How to make this change? Also for Link UP and DOWN it waits for Key press. How to remove that?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos