AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sensor Fusion 5.0 K22F example project not working

Question asked by Daniel Nagy on Mar 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 by javierhernandezdeniz

Dear Support and Forum Members,

I have some trouble making the Sensor Fusion library work on my FRDM-K22F board. The 5.0 version of the library has two types of example projects for the K22F: MQXLite and "Bare Board". The Bare Board version compiles and runs fine, but not the MQXLite variant. Here is what happens:

- When I import the example project to Kinetis Design Studio, no debug configuration appears to that project. For any other project I create or import, there is a corresponding debug configuration, but not for the K22F MQXLite Sensor Fusion example project, which is strange. This way, I cannot run (debug) the project by default.

- If I create a debug configuration on my own, the project compiles and is uploaded to the board. However, it does not run properly: it either 'crashes' immediately (gets stuck with PE_DEBUGHALT() or in dispatch.s) or I just see the red LED lit on the board.

- I have discovered that in the source file 'drivers.h', the I2C address for the FXOS8700 sensor is wrong: it is 0x1E instead of 0x1C. I have changed this and recompiled, but the same issue persist.

Could you please advise me on this issue? Here is some additional information:

- I have not changed the board or the example project in any way except for correcting the sensor's I2C address in 'drivers.h'.

- I have tested the project with two instances of the K22F board, but same issue with both of them.

- The Bare Board version of the library works fine.

- I have previously ported the 4.22 version of the library to the K22F board and that works fine.

- KDS version: 3.2

- I use simple USB connection with OpenOCD to debug.

At this point I am pretty clueless as I expected the example project to have been tested and to work fine. Any guidance would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Thanks and regards

Daniel

Outcomes