cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC reader communication stack

jackoneill87
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project for my Master thesis in computer science. I'm using a NXP PN532 V1.6 reader with a NTAG213 tag. The tag holds a UUID as content in text/plain format.

After studying your documentation I'm not quite sure how to establish a connect to my tag through the PN532 reader. First of all how can read out the content of the tag and which command steps are necessary to do so.

I'm new to the software stack of PN532. At the moment I'm able to read out its firmware version by sending the following command frame: \x00\x00\xFF\x02\xFE\xD4\x02\x2A\x00. After that I tried to read page 4 of the tag by sending the command: \x00\x00\xFF\x05\xFB\xD4\x40\x01\x30\x04\xB7\x00. Yet the command returns the following frame: d541 27c300 indicating that I'm having an error with error code 0x27. Your documentation says its related to an unknown target number.

What am I missing? What are the necessary steps to read out a tag when its within the antennas range?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Florian Schneider:

I am sorry that your question has been unanswered for some time.

If you still have the issue, please make sure to activate the NTAG213 before reading data. To do this you need to send the command InListPassiveTarget. The PN532 manual is not public but if you have it already give a check to the description of this command. After the tag is activated you should be able to read data from it.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos