Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6QP - DDR3 vs LPDDR2

Jump to solution
andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Hi all

Do you know what will be the difference in perfomance between DRR3 and LPDDR2 for iMX6 QuadPlus?

Or maybe do you know about some Android device with iMX6QP and LPDDR2 which can be used for tests and compared to SABRE AI?

Best regards,

Andy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Do you know what will be the difference in perfomance between DRR3 and LPDDR2 for iMX6 QuadPlus?

A. Typically, for i.MX6 series processors, the data throughput performance of the DDR3 and LPDDR2 memories is similar when operating on the same type of processor with equal data bus width and bus frequency.

Q. Or maybe do you know about some Android device with iMX6QP and LPDDR2 which can be used for tests and compared to SABRE AI?

A. No, there is no ready to use i.MX6QP + LPDDR2 device available yet.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Thanks for reply!

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Do you know what will be the difference in perfomance between DRR3 and LPDDR2 for iMX6 QuadPlus?

A. Typically, for i.MX6 series processors, the data throughput performance of the DDR3 and LPDDR2 memories is similar when operating on the same type of processor with equal data bus width and bus frequency.

Q. Or maybe do you know about some Android device with iMX6QP and LPDDR2 which can be used for tests and compared to SABRE AI?

A. No, there is no ready to use i.MX6QP + LPDDR2 device available yet.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos