cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while uploading u-boot and rootfs using Mfgtool

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I have compiled kernel linux-2.6.35.3, imx-bootlets-src-2.6.35.3-1.1.0 and uboot (do not know version but was Read me pointing might be 2009-11) on ubuntu 14.04 32-bit.

Compilation is successful and it is generating all required files and copied to Mfgtool directory.

After I try to upload NAND u-boot using Mfgtool and getting error (Attached). Than when I try to revet with the one supplied in Mfgtool zip file it is not at all starting.

While compiling Bootloader for imx bootlets, in logs it is printing as below

#@echo "generating kernel bootstream file sd_mmc_bootstream.raw"

#Please use cfimager to burn xxx_linux.sb. The below way will no

#work at imx28 platform.

#rm -f sd_mmc_bootstream.raw

#dd if=/dev/zero of=sd_mmc_bootstream.raw bs=512 count=4

#dd if=imx233_linux.sb of=sd_mmc_bootstream.raw ibs=512 seek=4 \

#conv=sync,notrunc

To install bootstream onto SD/MMC card, type: sudo dd if=sd_mmc_bootstream.raw of=/dev/sdXY where X is the correct letter for your sd or mmc device (to check, do a ls /dev/sd*) and Y is the partition number for the bootstream

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean Mfgtool will not upload Kernel and Bootloader in NAND via USB but these files have to be saved in SD card and than have to update in NAND Flash?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Original Attachment has been moved to: Mfg_error.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

bkpatel
Contributor III

Thanks for information Igor.

Can you suggest which one to use for Windows 8 pro 64-bit and windows 10?

For time being I can use Windows 7 but that system is not available every now.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not aware of mfg tools running on these windows versions.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavesh

right, not all mfg tool versions work fine on all windows :

tested versions are described in Manufacturing Tool Release Notes

document in /Doc folder.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I followed the guideline you have provided in documentation but it is still giving same error.

Meanwhile we tried Mfgtool 1.6.2.0322 on one of older windows 7 32-bit system and with this I am able to update kernel as well as rootfs on board.

But Mfgtool (1.6.2.0322 & 1.6.2.055) both are giving issue on windows 8 pro 64-bit systems.

Are there any OS dependency on these versions?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Attaching Mfgtool Debug logs for more detail. I am able to detect NAND Flash by updating nand_device_info.c

But it is generating Kernel Panic while uploading rootfs. Attaching Debug log file for more information.

I have created updater.sb and other sb file using LTIB -> Mfg Firmware Profile and Target Image generation -> image type as initramfs. Also tried with jffs2 but same issue is coming at same Log level.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavesh

Mfg Tools works fine only with ddr settings for i.MX28 EVK board, for other

board it is necessary to rebuild MFG Tools firmware using procedure described in

sect.2.5 Building the Manufacturing Firmware attached Linux Guide. Use new board ddr settings:

"values are correct as these are given in .tar file supplied with the board from manufacturer"

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I think values are correct as these are given in .tar file supplied with the board from manufacturer.

So question remains is why Mfgtool is not able to upload Singlechip NAND. It is giving error as :

Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="push" body="mknod class/mtd,mtd0,/dev/mtd0" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text="" FAIL code=0xffffffff.

Panel A: Operation is not completed.,failed to run command: type="push" body="mknod class/mtd,mtd0,/dev/mtd0" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text="" 

2 - Panel A Finished processing Singlechip NAND <LIST/> : FAIL code=-1.

Panel A UtpUpdate Event: DeviceRemoval Msg: (null) DevState: Disconnected OpState: WAITING_FOR_DEVICE

what does this error means?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I checked Register values with the MX28_mDDR_register_programming_aid_v0.4. values.

Following are differing at  Init_mddr_200MHz():

Name                            Mine value               in XLS

HW_DRAM_CTL29:    0x0F02010A         0x0102010A   (CS_MAP = 0x0F)

HW_DRAM_CTL42:    0x0036A608         0x0036B608   (TRAS_MAX (tRAS (max)) is approx 69920 instead of 70000, TRAS_MIN (tRAS (min)) =7720 instead of 40)

HW_DRAM_CTL43:    0x03160305         0x03160612 (  TREF (tREF)= 3900 instead of 7800)

HW_DRAM_CTL44:    0x03030002         0x02030002 ( TWTR (tWTR) = 3 instead of 2)

HW_DRAM_CTL45:    0x001f001c          0x0000001B ( TXSNR (tXSNR) = 140 instead of 132, TXSR (tXSRD) = 31 instead of 0)

Does this make sense or they should be equal?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavesh

selection should be made based on ddr test results

~igor

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for reply. I checked the document and updated ucl.xml to to Singlechip NAND boot as well as NAND uboot options.

Both are failing and it is stopping and stuck while flashing message Booting update firmware. (Attached are screen shot and ucl.xml)

I tried with using ucl.xml attached but still facing error. (mfgtool.log attached)

Using MfgTool 1.6.2.055 for update on Windows 8 64-bit.

Can you help me by looking at logs and ucl.xml what is issue?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavesh

had you updated bootlets file boot_prep/init-mx28.c with ddr settings

obtained for custom board with tools below

DDR2 Calibration and Stress Test for i.MX28

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1455

~igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Bhavesh

new generated files (like imx28_ivt_uboot.sb) should be placed in mfg folder

/OS Firmware/files. Also nand image does not use uboot (only linux.sb) as

described in attached Linux Guide sect.5.1.3.2 NAND Boot and ucl.xml comments.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos