can you see the ubuntu desktop when booting from lucid_1108.tar.gz ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you see the ubuntu desktop when booting from lucid_1108.tar.gz ?

collinshi
Contributor II

hello experts,

I have an imx53 smd and downloaded the lucid_1108.tar.gz from freescale website.

Then use the MFG tool to flash the uboot,uImage and,lucid_1108.tar.gz into the eMMC of imx53 smd.

As I know ,lucid_1108.tar.gz is the demo image to run ubuntu on imx53 smd.

Aafter I power on my imx53 smd, the kernel and rootfs can run successfully .

From the uart console, I can login the ubuntu with the account:lucid and passwd :lucid.

But the in LCD of mx53 smd ,I can't see the ubuntu desktop. It only shows as below:

1.jpg

and it seems the touch screen of mx53 smd can't work in lucid_1108.tar.gz.

There is no response no matter I click anywhere on the LCD.

How can I see the ubuntu desktop?

BTW: how can I know which touch screen driver (eGalax or P1003) is in my mx53 smd ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Collin,

You can refer to the link MFGTool profile to update ubuntu image on iMX53 SMD board -blog archive to modify the ucl.xml file and download the images with ubuntu lucid_1108.tar.gz again. And the boot the board up again.

After you try, please let me know, if it work or not.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

collinshi
Contributor II

hi Dan,

I have used the ucl.xml (in MFGTool profile to update ubuntu image on iMX53 SMD board -blog archiveMFGTool profile to update ubuntu image on iMX53 SMD board -blog archive) to download lucid_1108.tar.gz again.

But it has the same problem.

I can see log from the uart :

Last login: Thu Jan  1 08:48:55 CST 1970 on ttymxc0
Linux lucid-desktop 2.6.35.3-998-ga1cd8a7 #32 PREEMPT Wed Mar 23 10:45:18 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Welcome to Ubuntu!
* Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

300 packages can be updated.
94 updates are security updates.

lucid@lucid-desktop:~$ ls

it means the ubuntu has already run.But it does still show the picture as above.

I search the problem in google.Some people said that the /tmp folder doesn't have permission.

I input : ls ,it shows:

1.JPG

0 Kudos