cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock signal through gpios in imx6 dual lite

sribinkr
Contributor I

hi,

I want to give configurable cpu clock through a gpio.Someone pls explain me the steps involved in setting the frequency and giving out through gpio in imx6 dual lite cpu in linux environment.I have the yocto source code downloaded for the iwave custom board using imx6 dl cpu.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean the CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2 clock output signals? If so, you first have to select the desired pad for the signal by appropriately configuring the IOMUX module, refer to the Sections 3.5 and 3.6 of attached Linux Reference Manual document. Then, unfortunately, there are no regular tools to control the CCM_CLKx source to output in the user space. The only way to control it is to directly access the CCM_CCOSR register by a physical address through /dev/mem.

Also, please refer to attached Linux BSP Porting Guide document for various aspects of customizing the Linux BSP.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sribinkr
Contributor I

Thanks..how to configure ccm _clk01 from linux user space?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for how to change the cpu frequency, pls refer to the chapter 18 of enclosed file.

0 Kudos