Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About I2C spec in i.MX6DQ

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello. I have questions about I2C spec in i.MX6DQ.

Please refer to attached file & answer to me.

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. The i.MX6DQ Data Sheet document specifies the maximum capacitive load of each I2C line as 400pF.

2. As it can be easily calculated, with the bus voltage of 3.3V and pull-up resistors value of 4.7kOhm the bus current is 3.3V/4.7kOhm = approx. 0.7mA.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. The i.MX6DQ Data Sheet document specifies the maximum capacitive load of each I2C line as 400pF.

2. As it can be easily calculated, with the bus voltage of 3.3V and pull-up resistors value of 4.7kOhm the bus current is 3.3V/4.7kOhm = approx. 0.7mA.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thank you for your reply.

> 1. The i.MX6DQ Data Sheet document specifies the maximum capacitive load of each I2C line as 400pF.

I'd like to know the terminal capacitive load(Cin) (not bus line Capacitive load)

Do you have this spec?

> 2. As it can be easily calculated, with the bus voltage of 3.3V and pull-up resistors

> value of 4.7kOhm the bus current is 3.3V/4.7kOhm = approx. 0.7mA.

I'd like to know the maximum rating current  (not typical current).

Please confirm again.

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Do not understand what do you mean as terminal capacitive load. Please explain in more details. Do you mean the capacitance of the pad itself?

2. It is the same as maximum rated current for a regular I/O pad. The maximum rated I/O current for long term operation is 10mA. Absolute maximum rated current (not for long term operation) is 100mA.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Artur,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I talked my customer that NXP doesn't have the spec of terminal capacitive load (Cin).

So, my customer  will confirm the actual AC waveform.

>Do you mean the capacitance of the pad itself?

Sorry. I have the introduction URL only japanese language.

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos