Code warrior not connecting to Qor IQ processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code warrior not connecting to Qor IQ processor

rajeshkp
Contributor I

Using code warrior 8.8IDE in that if iam trying to connect the code warrior usb tap to p2020 IQ processor its not connecting below mentioned error is observed CCS Protocal plugin :Could not connect to the requested core core #0.Kindly give solution to solve this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajesh KP,

First you need to apply Patch 8.8.6 to update CCS USB driver to support CodeWarrior TAP.

Please download the Patch from

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-POWER-NETWORKING&fpsp=1&tab=Design..., and click Product Download-> Select Windows professional edition->click Agreement to get Patch 8.8.6.

In addition, would you please capture the low level CCS log to me to do more investigation.

Please enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, then connect to the target from Debug->Connect, and you will capture CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rajeshkp
Contributor I

Dear Yiping

Attached the log file

Regards

Rajesh K.P

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajesh KP,

It seems that you are using the old product USB TAP, if so no need to apply Patch 8.8.6, it is used for new product CodeWarrior TAP which integrates both USB and Ethernet ports. In your CCS log, it looks that CCS USB driver works normally.

Actually there is no error reported in your CCS log, but the work sequence is not correct, the CCS is deleted after "get_config_chain". As usual, CCS should reset target processor and execute the initialization file.

I suggest you do the following in CodeWarrior 8.8.

Please check whether CodeWarrior(CCS) version is correct, please check whether the build id is Build 2529 from Help->About Freescale CodeWarrior.

Please following the new project wizards to create a project, and just use the default configuration, probably you did some modification which causes this abnormal.

In addition, for QorIQ processors, we recommend customer to use the eclipse edition CodeWarrior 10.5. If you use CodeWarrior 10.5, please change the connection type as "USB TAP" when creating a new project, the default configuration is used for the new product CodeWarrior TAP.

If your problem remains, please attach your CodeWarrior project to me, I will do verification for you.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

rajeshkp
Contributor I

As per your comment enabled the log & attached for your reference.Mentioned patch file is not installed because already we installed PA_8.8.5_110607 file.

So kindly give suggestions to find out the issue.

0 Kudos

rajeshkp
Contributor I

Dear Yiping

Below mentioned file i need to download its correct,iam using

windows xp 64 bit

Installer: CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture

Technology (Eclipse) v10.5.1 - Windows

Regards

Rajesh K.P

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM, yipingwang <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos