fsl_uart PEx component can't select UART0 (KL25Z)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsl_uart PEx component can't select UART0 (KL25Z)

mr_max
Contributor IV

Hello,

I would like to use UART0 over the FRDM-KL25Z with KSDK (v1.3.0) and PEx but when I added fsl_uart component, it seem that UART0 is not in Device selection

144132_144132.pngCapture d’écran 2016-03-16 à 08.29.32.png

I already use UART1 and UART2 for others tasks.

Also, I properly configured UART0 pin with PinSetting PEx component.

144213_144213.pngCapture d’écran 2016-03-16 à 08.34.40.png

Maybe I could use UART0 directly with KSDK HAL methods but the question is :

Why can't I use UART0 over fsl_uart PEx component ?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Maxime,

For the UART0 can also worked on Low power mode , for example stop mode , wait mode ,

so in the sdk+pe lib,  make one PE component for itself "fsl_lpsci", if you want use UART0,

please add this component .

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps
Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mr_max
Contributor IV

Ok, I didn't see it. I tried and UART0 is rolling fine now. :smileycheck:

Thank you Alice.

And by the way, for anyone arrived here with same question, this post explain why fsl_uart can't use UART0

UART module 0 from kl25z128m4 is missing in KSDK + PE?

Carlos_Mendoza answered (21-août-2015) :

" ... This is because the UART modules are supported by different HAL/drivers, the UART0 module is supported by the LPSCI HAL/driver and the UART1 and UART2 modules are supported by UART HAL/driver ... "

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Yes, as to the UART0 can work in low power mode , while UART1 and UART2 can not ,

so the driver is different .

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos