cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup error - data location error

romainbenet
Contributor III

Hi,

I have created an initial project undo CodeWarrior for MCU 10.6 for my target, MPC5604B, and someone can me explain this behavior in my case (I have delete all links to default libraries and I have add useful files) when I play with these parameters:

1 - CODE_RAM_SECTION defines in driver.h

2 - ansi_parms.h: delete or not the #include "ewlGlobals.h" file

Behavior:

1- CODE_RAM_SECTION = 0 and valid link => global data u32Cpttest present and target ok

2- CODE_RAM_SECTION = 1 and valid link => global data u32Cpttest present and target ok

3- CODE_RAM_SECTION = 0 and delete link => the target doesn't load the appropriate address of u32Cpttest then the PA2 pin doesn't toggle.

4- CODE_RAM_SECTION = 1 and delete link => same result than case 3. Sometime the target doesn't restart (error at recopy function from ROM to RAM section in _start.c).

Why, while at first view the content of the delete link is not used, does it change the behavior of the code [a global data can't be used] ?

You can find enclosed my project.

Best regards,

Romain

Original Attachment has been moved to: CodeWarrior_Test.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your problem correct. I have tested your project and in all four cases is the behavior similar. I commented this #include "ewlGlobals.h in ansi_params.h and I tested both variants CODE_RAM_SECTION and variable u32Cpttest is always placed on address 40001340 (figure in attachment).

Could you please more clarify your problem (send some figures or something).

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos