How to setup initialize code via spi interface for lvds panel, which connect to imx6 solo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup initialize code via spi interface for lvds panel, which connect to imx6 solo?

pingwu
Contributor I

Hi list,

In my case, LVDS panel connect to imx6 solo mcu, but the lvds panel need setup some initialize code via spi interface before work. I searched linux-3.0.35/driver/video/mxc/mxcfb_epson_vga.c (linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree ) has some code  as below:

static int __init epson_lcd_init(void)
{
int ret;
ret = platform_driver_register(&lcd_plat_driver);
if (ret)
return ret;
return spi_register_driver(&lcd_spi_dev_driver);
}

But above code could not found on  imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga  branch, I guess this is as of device tree introduced.

My question is:

How to setup initialize code via spi interface to lvds panel on imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga or later branch?  Any similar example code or suggestion? Thanks

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since the initial configuration of the LVDS panel is relatively independent process, you can create a separate module (or even a simple shell script) that preforms the LVDS panel initial configuration at system startup. For that, you can use the low-level eCSPI driver that is already included in the system. For more information, refer to the Chapter 38 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos