cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad character sequence encountered

eddieraney
Contributor I

bad character sequence encountered

I am using CodeWarrior for MCU Version 10:.2 Build 120126 with XBee-PRO 900HP DigiMesh
(SB3).  When I try to debug the Button Polling Example, I receive a message that bad character
sequence encountered when stepping through the code for Sources \ CPU \ System.c.

It does not like the @ sign.

volatile app_rst_casuses_t app_rst                                 @0x200;

/* Reserved                                                                      @0x202
*/

volatile  bl_rst_casues_t bl_rst                                        @0x204;

/* App use 6 bytes                                                          @0x202
*/

volatile uint8_t haddr_16[2]                                               @0x20C;

volatile
uint8_t haddr_64[8]                                                           @0x20E;

There are no compile errors encountered.

The same error occurs on multiple projects.

The preprocess of System.c resolves the waning messages and creates Systemxxxxxxx.c

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to solve your problem,  can you please provide:

1. your demo project that showcase the issue, as simple as disposable.

2. problem screenshot.

thanks!
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

eddieraney
Contributor I

See attached screen shots for XBee SB3 Button_Polling Example.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it seems this is a CW10.2 problem and it was fixed in newer version. see this thread

What is the correct way to assign a variable to a specific address with CW 10.xx? In classic CW the...

please use the latest CW from this link:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

also, please make sure the statement is outside the function block.

Hope this helps!!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

eddieraney
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

I uninstalled the Codewarrior 10.2 and installed 10.6.4, however the XBee SDK component is requiring Codewarrior 10.2 when installing xBee_SDK_40003003_C.exe.

Do you know if there is a XBee SDK upgrade?

Thank you,Ed

0 Kudos