cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW24D512 non-responsive after bootload

Jump to solution
stephaniekragel
Contributor I

I have been trying to connect to my FRDM-KW24D, but it kept failing to connect. In the file manager it said DAPlink and not mbed as I expected, so I concluded that I had to bootload it, like my FRDM-K64F. But after researching the web and being unable to find the correct bootloader file, I searched the K_SDA files and found one I supposed was the right one - but now I'm affraid it was not. My board is now non-responsive. If I switch the USB to the other port I can see it powers up, but on the openSDA nothing.

Please, any suggestions??

Kind regards

Stephanie

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephanie ,

Please first update the firmware of your board , refer to this :

1. Unplug the USB cable (if attached).

2. Press and hold the Reset button.

3. Plug in a USB cable from a USB Host to the OpenSDA USB port.

4. Release the RESETbutton.

5. A removable drive will be visible in the host file system with a volume label of BOOTLOADER.

6. Drag the firmware application into the bootloader , for example , if you want use the MBED ,

please drag the "CMSIS-DAP – kw24d512" , you can download it at here :

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

Also you can download the Segger Jlink v2.1 and P&E micro v114  at this linker ,

pastedImage_1.png

then re-plug the USB(j15) again , please check the manager , if it still can not work well,

please take a screenshot about how do you operate and the manager show .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephanie ,

Please first update the firmware of your board , refer to this :

1. Unplug the USB cable (if attached).

2. Press and hold the Reset button.

3. Plug in a USB cable from a USB Host to the OpenSDA USB port.

4. Release the RESETbutton.

5. A removable drive will be visible in the host file system with a volume label of BOOTLOADER.

6. Drag the firmware application into the bootloader , for example , if you want use the MBED ,

please drag the "CMSIS-DAP – kw24d512" , you can download it at here :

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

Also you can download the Segger Jlink v2.1 and P&E micro v114  at this linker ,

pastedImage_1.png

then re-plug the USB(j15) again , please check the manager , if it still can not work well,

please take a screenshot about how do you operate and the manager show .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos