Successfully booted from SD card, now what?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully booted from SD card, now what?

alexaldridge
Contributor I

Hi mates!

As I'm quite noob with iMX28 eval. board, i'd like to ask you some questions, but first I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do. I've developed a java application which is running fine on a Raspberry Pi. Now I've been asked to migrate that application to this board.

What I've done:

• Installed ltib in my host computer and pasted freescale 2.6.35.3-670-g914558e BSP inside rootfs directory
  • Flashed an SD with Linux freescale 2.6.35.3-670-g914558e
  • Booted and connected by RS232 terminal.

What I'd like to do:

• Install java: The problem is that I really don't know what to do next. I'm used to working with a Raspberry Pi, which had apt-get command  but here it's missing. Could you please tell me what would be the next step? I'm stuck at this point.

• File transfer between imx28 and host PC. I've no idea about how to achieve this.

Thanks a lot.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

alexaldridge
Contributor I

Thank you for the suggestions.

The problem I think i have is that I don't understand the installation process of the different capabilities. I come from the Raspberry Pi environment where i just had to write "apt-get install XXXXX" to have that installed. Here I know it's different but I can't understand the process.

I think LTIB is the answer but honestly I don't know from where to start.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

another good tutorial

Timesys Getting Started Guide for Freescale i.MX28 EVK | Timesys Embedded Linux

apt-get install works on ubuntu images, while ltib provides target image just for linux.

~igor

0 Kudos

alexaldridge
Contributor I

So if I need java package, for example, i should put it inside ltib/roots folder and use the md_mx28.sh script in order to put it in the SD Card?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

suggest to start with

All Boards Java

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alexaldridge
Contributor I

Thanks Igor. I think it's going to be really useful but I came across a silly problem. I don't know hot to transfer files between my host PC and the board.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

one can look at AN3875 sect.5.3 TFTP Host Setup

http://cache.nxp.com/files/dsp/doc/app_note/AN3875.pdf

~igor

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Another suggestion. As soon as you have SHH running on target, you could use SCP in Linux host PC to transfer files. Also WinSCP from Windows OS.

Luis

0 Kudos