cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing at SERDES enabled

amit123
Contributor I

Hi all,

We are trying to boot our customized board with MPC8640. Board is booting if SERDES is disabled.

After Enabling the SERDES and SERDES clock, board is unable to boot saying "Check LSRL length failed" and eventually states that the target is not supported. And Restarting the target after 10 Sec.  We are using BDI 3000.

Experts Pls help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

amit123
Contributor I

HI

1) We have some other board with MPC8640D in which PCIe is working. I will check in that whether serdes clock is stable during POR or not.

2) Also, How Can I confirm whether the device is in RESET or not....

3) Apart from this any other reason for not booting....?

4) At present one SerDes is enabled in a board, with this some time PPC is booting but it is not showing/detecting any end point devices connected ....Reason for this?

Pls, Help in this...

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In order to use the SerDes you must have stable clocks supplied during POR, otherwise the PLL will not lock. It is possible that the part may not come out of reset.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos