Build target for MK22FX512Axxx12 missing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build target for MK22FX512Axxx12 missing?

mooreaa
Contributor II

Hello,

I've been working with the MK22F on the FRDM board and have started working on a project that needs additional IO. The MK22FX512A series is a nice fit, but looking in Processor Expert and KDS, I don't see support for the 512 "A" variant. Specifically, I am looking for: MK22FX512AVLL12

I *do* see support for the non "A" variant MK22FX512VLL12 but this version does not seem to be as available from distributors as the A variant, and it costs more.

I can't find any info on compatibility of this chip and whether this is just a chip version/variant/silicon rev or if its not supported. Oddly enough, the datasheet depicts the VLL12 as a BGA chip, but I think this is just an error in the datasheet.

Can somehow please help me understand if this chip is supported and if so what I would need to change KDS in order to use this?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aaron,

If you want use the chip of MK22FX512AVLL12 , when you create project on KDS , please select as this:

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

If there isn't this option on your side , please install KSDK1.3 , you can download it at here :

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP

pastedImage_3.png

And the "A" is the Silicon revision ,

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

F50SC
Contributor III

Hi

KSDK1.2 nor KSDK1.3 support MK22FX512AVLL12 MCU with or without Processor Export....

That link above is bogus as there are no standalone releases of KSDK V1.2 or KSDK V1.3 for the MK22FX mcu.

I'm still waiting/hoping there will be support for this mcu in an upcoming release of KDS & PE......but is wishful thinking.

Freescale/NXP changes so rapidly its hard to keep up and easy to start on something that quickly becomes obsolete or unsupported.

Regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jerome,

Sorry for the inconvenient to you.

There is a method to only download the KSDK for one chip, for the chip you mentioned MK22FX512AVLL12,

you can only download the standalone for it refer to he DOC:

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos