cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth paring not working

jemish_1990
Contributor IV

Hi All,

We are using WL18XX TiWilink module in our project with IMX6Q based customized board.

To make WL18XX module working we followed steps suggested on "Step-by-step: How to setup TI Wilink (WL18xx) with iMX6 Linux 3.10.53 " . By following steps suggested on this link we are able to make Wifi and Bluetooth module working.  We are able to make "hci0" interface up and scanning working.

The problem is after scanning nearby devices we are not able to pair/connect that device with bluetooth of our board.

Is there any packages/utilities available to make it working?

Our end use case is to make bluetooth audio working but before that we need to pair it first.

As this project is crucial stage to finalize board layout only verification of Bluetooth audio is remaining thing.

Any suggestion for this issue will be appreciated. Please let me know if any information required from my side.

Thanks,

Jemish

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jemish

one can try ask for updated firmware for used module from ti and

post issue on wl18x wiki: WL18xx - Texas Instruments Wiki

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

jemish_1990
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

I am sure that it is not firmware issue. Because I am able to make interface up and and scan near by devices.

The issue is with TI's recommended Bluetooth Stack which has few hard codings according to their kernel.

Because of this it always shows Device in Power down state. I have already posted query on ti e2e community.

I am discussing this issue with them.

https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless_connectivity/wilink_wifi_bluetooth/f/307/p/497409/1800727#180072...

Meanwhile can you provide steps / documentation for open source bluetooth stack which I can try to make pairing working.

Thanks,

Jemish

0 Kudos

jemish_1990
Contributor IV

Hi,

We have make it working using TI's help so we can close this thread now.

Thanks,

Jemish

0 Kudos