Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a filter for FlexCan Receiving MB to exclude an ID

Jump to solution
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

How to setup a CAN ID filter and Mask register for a receiving MB to exclude an ID?

For example, I want MB[0] to receive extended ID 0x0C10FF00 while MB[1] to receive all other extended IDs except the above ID: 0xC10FF00.

Is there anyway to do that?

I have K60.

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Kinetis FlexCAN Rx mailbox ID filter can't exclude a standalone ID with receiving other ID.

For the MB has the priority, if the extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame coming, it will be received by MB0 if MB0 in active state. Otherwise, that extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame will be received by MB1.

My suggest to set more MB as a receive buffer to receive extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame, such as using MB[0~3].

And using MB4 to receive other ID data frame.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Kinetis FlexCAN Rx mailbox ID filter can't exclude a standalone ID with receiving other ID.

For the MB has the priority, if the extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame coming, it will be received by MB0 if MB0 in active state. Otherwise, that extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame will be received by MB1.

My suggest to set more MB as a receive buffer to receive extended ID 0x0C10FF00 data frame, such as using MB[0~3].

And using MB4 to receive other ID data frame.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Thank you, Hui Ma.

David

0 Kudos