cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 Quad 1.2 GHz CPU Configuration

suhasdk
Contributor I

Hi,

I.MX6 Quad 1.2 GHz CPU,  MCIMX6Q5EYM12AD will be used  in one of our new design. we couldn't find any datasheet specific to 1.2 GHz CPU. As per the available data sheet for input clock frequency of 24 MHz SOC operating frequency is 996 MHz.(http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Data%20Sheets&WT_VENDOR... ).

For SOC to operate in 1.2GHz frequency

1. Do we need to change any clock input from external crystal.

2. Is there any internal PLL configurations settings to be done for 1.2 GHz  frequency keeping 24MHZ clock input.

3. Will there by any implication with respect to DDR clock and data rates

4.Whether the PMIC, MMPF0100F0EP can be used for 1.2GHz CPU also

5. IF yes is there any changes with respect to PMIC (MMPF0100F0EP) output voltage configurations. and CPU core voltage      operating points.

Please clarify the above points

Thanks & Regards,

Suhas D K.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Suhas DK,

The parameters of the 1.2 GHz devices are identical to that of the 996 MHz devices, with the following

exceptions:

• ARM processor maximum frequency increased from 996 MHz to 1.2 GHz.

• ARM on-chip voltage regulator voltage (VDDARM_IN) changed from 1.35-1.5 V to 1.4-1.5 V.

• 1.2 GHz ARM operation limited to LDO enabled mode only (LDO bypass not allowed).

• ARM LDO output (VDDARM_CAP) operating point changed from 1.225 V to 1.275 V.

The 24 MHz crystal requirement stands, as the frequency is scaled internally from the same 24 MHz input.

Since it’s only the ARM PLL that changes the rest of the modules remain unchanged.

There are slights differences in ARM voltage as mentioned above so the PF0100 should be configured accordingly.

I hope this information helps!

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would like to add that there is a brief Datasheet addendum that you can request to your FAE or Sales Representative although the information on this document is pretty much what I listed.

0 Kudos