Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior annual subscription after expired

Jump to solution
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a question about Code Warrior Licensing.

After an annual license has expired once(and one month has past), can the license be reactivated by purchasing annual subscription?

I refer the following URL,

Licensing and Registration FAQ|NXP

I can find there is a grace for one month, but I cannot find the information for after that.

Best Regards,

Ikki

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ikki,

If a renewal annual subscription is apply on annual registration the end date will change.

If your annual subscription expired the January 1st, 2016 and you purchased and apply a renewal annual subscription today, the end date of registration will change from January 1st, 2016  to (today + 12 months) March 9th, 2017.

To get the license file you need to re-generate the license file.

Attached a video showing the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ikki,

There are 2 types of registrations:

Annual subscription -> provide 12 months license files.

The license will contain expiration date according to the registration end date.

Permanent/perpetual -> no end date.

The license file is permanent. The registration end date  will allow you or not to access the last license files.

A renewal support maintenance can be ordered

In case of annual subscription, the license file will expire.

If you renewal your annual subscription, the end date will change (add 12 months) and you need to re-generate the license files to get new license file with new end date.

For details, please have a look to FAQs:

Permanent vs Annual: Licensing and Registration FAQ|NXP

How to renewal annual subscription: Licensing and Registration FAQ|NXP

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi Pascal,

I am afraid that your information will not make sense.

I concern whether annual subscription can be applied after expired.

for example,

Annual license CW product registration : Jan 1 2016

License expired : Jan 1 2017

-> the user will buy annual subscription Jan 1 2018,

In this case, can the original license be reactivated? Or does the user need to buy annual license CW product again?

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ikki,

If a renewal annual subscription is apply on annual registration the end date will change.

If your annual subscription expired the January 1st, 2016 and you purchased and apply a renewal annual subscription today, the end date of registration will change from January 1st, 2016  to (today + 12 months) March 9th, 2017.

To get the license file you need to re-generate the license file.

Attached a video showing the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your reply.

From your information, I understand that

the user can apply annual subscription to annual CW product which has already expired even if long past.

Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ikki,

Yes.

Keep in mind the price is the same for an annual subscription or for a renewal annual subscription which is:

Basic                -> $395

Standard          -> $995

Professional  -> $1995

You will find more info at the link:

Suite Purchasing Model Options|NXP

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos