standalone compilation of u-boot for T1040 using QORIQ SDK1.9

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standalone compilation of u-boot for T1040 using QORIQ SDK1.9

javierfileiv
Contributor I

These are the step I do with the last U-boot source code from denx (git clone http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git).

make T1040RDB_config

make CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux/powerpc-fsl-linux- all

after some building time I got this error... no idea what it is

LD      examples/standalone/hello_world

/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux/powerpc-fsl-linux-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc

make[2]: *** [examples/standalone/hello_world] Error 1

make[1]: *** [examples/standalone] Error 2

make: *** [examples] Error 2

Could you give me some hint? Thanks

Another question... to run and debug with GDB this bootloader using qemu... what is the command to use?

Thank you, have a nice day

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following command sequence was used for u-boot compiling for the P1020rdb board. Use the similar command sequence for the P2020rdb board.

1. 1. $ source ./fsl-setup-poky -m <machine>
  2. 2. $ bitbake fsl-toolchain
  3. 3. $ cd build_<machine>_release/tmp/deploy/sdk
  4. 4. $ ./ fsl-networking-eglibc-x86_64-ppce500v2-toolchain-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8.sh in the folloing folder:

QorIQ-SDK-V1.8-20150619-yocto/build_p1020rdb_release/tmp/deploy/sdk

1. 5. source environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe in the following folder:

/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.8

1. 6. Change folder to the following folder:

QorIQ-SDK-V1.8-20150619-yocto/build_p1020rdb_release/tmp/work/p1020rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git

Issue the following commands:

a) export ARCH=powerpc

b) make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.8/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe/powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe-gcc P1020RDB-PC_defconfig

See the configuration files in the /configs folder.

c) make.

Use similar command sequence for SDK 1.9 and your board.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

javierfileiv
Contributor I

I'm trying those steps... what about emulating u-boot run with qemu? Do you have some tip?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I did not test qemu for u-boot building.

It looks like this virtual machine should contain tool-chain and environment for u-boot building.

NXP offers VirtualBox machine for SDK 1.9. You can use this possibilitys.

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=7126427

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos