"bitbake fsl-image-full" is failing - any ideas?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"bitbake fsl-image-full" is failing - any ideas?

Jump to solution
nickcaruso
Contributor III

I added some patches to gcc to work around a bug where gcc strips off the leading '/' from include search paths, and "bitbake gcc" worked just fine.  When I tried to rebuild my system image, I got the following failure:

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b/tmp/work/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/web-sysmon/git-r0/temp/log.do_configure.9182)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b/tmp/work/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/web-sysmon/git-r0/temp/log.do_configure.9182

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate

| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure

| NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS= D=/home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b/tmp/work/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/web-sysmon/git-r0/image clean

| make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b/tmp/work/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/web-sysmon/git-r0/temp/log.do_configure.9182)

ERROR: Task 3886 (/home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-extended/web-sysmon/web-sysmon_git.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3927 tasks of which 3923 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/nxp/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-extended/web-sysmon/web-sysmon_git.bb, do_configure

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

nxp@ve:~/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b$

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  "bitbake fsl-image-full" worked before the patches, but this seems completely unrelated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello nick caruso,

Please run the command "bitbake web-sysmon -c cleansstate" to build the package web-sysmon from the scratch could help you to overcome this problem.

The compiler has been changed, so all these package and libs should be rebuilt, I suggest you create a new build project and build all the packages(including toolchain)  from the scratch.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello nick caruso,

Please run the command "bitbake web-sysmon -c cleansstate" to build the package web-sysmon from the scratch could help you to overcome this problem.

The compiler has been changed, so all these package and libs should be rebuilt, I suggest you create a new build project and build all the packages(including toolchain)  from the scratch.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!