cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK Project Generator Hangs for KL82Z

Jump to solution
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

I recently picked up the FRDM-KL82Z board, and found that support for it is not heavily integrated into many packages yet.

What I've found is that the best way to get started is to generate a KSDK project for it.  I downloaded the standalone KL82Z KSDK 1.3, and KSDK Project Generator 2.0.  When I go to generate a project, it hangs forever.  At an attempt to debug this, I've used the project generator with the mainline KSDK (basically has support for every other Freescale chip), and it can generate projects just fine using this.

Is there a bug in the standalone KL82Z KSDK 1.3 that prevents projects from being created?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Thank you for the video. Using it, I was able to get a project to generate.  I think there are some additional bugs with the generator tool.  I followed your video, and found the following 2 bugs.

Leaving everything else the same, if I only check the KDS toolchain, it hangs.  If I select both KDS and IAR, it works.

Leaving everything else the same, if I change the Project Parent Directory to be elsewhere, it hangs.

Thanks again for the help.  Hopefully there bugs get fixed!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Thank you for the video. Using it, I was able to get a project to generate.  I think there are some additional bugs with the generator tool.  I followed your video, and found the following 2 bugs.

Leaving everything else the same, if I only check the KDS toolchain, it hangs.  If I select both KDS and IAR, it works.

Leaving everything else the same, if I change the Project Parent Directory to be elsewhere, it hangs.

Thanks again for the help.  Hopefully there bugs get fixed!

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

please can you tell me your configuration?

Do you select any RTOS? What Package?

Before reporting bugs, I would like to test it on my side.

Thank you,

Iva

0 Kudos
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Hi Iva.

Now that I'm looking at it again, I think my issue was I was checking "Generate standalone project".  It wouldn't ever properly generate, and would hang.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

yes - the same result for me.

Thank you for pointing out this! I will report it to Development Team.

Workaround: Please, don´t use Generate standalone project option and generate project to

C:\Freescale\Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Standalone for KL82Z - Windows\examples\frdmkl82z\user_apps\myProjectKL82Z

it will generate the project into this folder.

Thank you,

Have a great day.

Iva

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin.

Please, what settings did you choose for your configuration? When it hangs?

I tested it on my side with this result:

There is issue, if you choose any tool chain missing folder for any package.

For example, MKL82Z128VLK7 is not possible to create with Atollic TrueSTUDIO.

But this is a known issue, which is described in KSDK Project Generator Release Note 2.0

KSDK1.3.png

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Iva