cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 solox UART5 problem

weigao
Contributor II

Hi All

I am still suffering the UART connection problem in iMX6 solox platform. For demo Yocto project, the uart5 is used to connect a bluetooth device in default. Therefore, I want to try a ultra-sonic sensor to test the UART port, which is a standard serial communication interface, the default setting of the sensor is (9600 baudrate, No parity, 8 databits, 1 stopbit). So, in my opinion, I can conect the sensor to uart5 port directly without any setting in imx6 solox platform. However, although I can receive some data, but the format of received data are incorrect. Could anyone can tell me whether do I need to use the default setting of uart5 on the imx6 solox platform for using the sensor. If need, how to remodify the setting?

Regards

Wei

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wei

by default 115200 is used, as described in attached Porting Guide

Chapter 3 Registering a New UART Driver. For changing one can try stty

command as in example:

https://community.freescale.com/message/435181#comment-435181

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos