How to use CRCU with Security Engine in linux kernel?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use CRCU with Security Engine in linux kernel?

quanliwang
Contributor I

My platform: P1020, linux 3.0.51

Linux Driver: driver/crypto/talitos.c

Hi,

I want to do CRC using Security Engine 'cryto' in kernel because I have so many data and CRC must be complete in very little time. As I know that P1020 has security engine and can do these very quickly. I have learned that  there is a function 'talitos_submit' which I can use, but I don't know how to do this, what to fill the input parameter and where to get the crc's result.

My question:

1. How to use DMA when do this opration? In the file talitos.c, I see that only setting the DMA address to desc before submit 'GO' to channel fetch fifo register in talitos_submit (). My question: where to trigger DMA start?

2. About using  descriptor type 0001_0 with CRCU. And CRCU Mode Register ALG is '10 Static custom mode.'. My question is that do I need to config CRCU register, betore writing polynomial to CRCU Key Register? Is there a example just like &3.14 in file AN3645.pdf?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SEC has a dedicated DMA that acts transparently to the software. 

talitos_submit() is the only call you need to process your descriptors.

Static custom CRCU mode requires that the software initializes CR

directly. CR cannot be initialized from a descriptor. If you wish to

supply a polynomial with each descriptor, use Dynamic custom mode,

set your descriptors PTR2 dword to refer to the polynomial in the

format specified in Section 7.2.13 of SEC 3.3.2 Engineering Bulletin.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos