Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use a s12zvml at 400v application  

Jump to solution
ahnjoseph
Contributor III

I know normally operating volt to use the s12zvml under 12v,

Usually In case MCU control to FET by Gate Driver IC(For 600V)   

Can S12zvml drive with FET450 volt(Noraml 300V) ?

I will connect to S12zvml input-port with available divided volt (9V~20V) by the H.W circuit

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ahnjoseph
Contributor III

Thanks your advice that is useful to me

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahn,

Well, I suppose that this is not a good idea (direct connection between S12ZVM and such high voltage FETs).

Obviously we cannot use high side drivers in this case (GDU supply range is only up to 20V). Even when we use just low side drivers, the problem is in transistor capacitance. When this transistor is not active, transistor’s internal capacitances are charged to 400V. I am afraid that S12ZVM is not designed to discharge such voltages.

So, I would like to recommend use high voltage FET driver designed for that voltages and route S12ZVM PWM channels to this driver. This connection should be solved by optocouplers for safety reason and for avoiding potential issues with ground currents.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahnjoseph
Contributor III

Thanks your advice that is useful to me

Good luck!

0 Kudos