cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt5 demos not working after kernel version changes

narasimhuluorug
Contributor III

Hello,

Currently I am working on imx6-yocto qt5 porting on phytec's phyflex imx6 target. Here I have changed 3.19 kernel to 3.14 kernel for some customization purpose, but qt5 demos are not working when i load 3.14 kernel. I am not using inside yocto project kernel except rootfs.Please can give any information in this case.

*******************************************************************************************************

root@phyboard-subra-imx6-1:~# qt5demo-starter

QEglFSImx6Hooks will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.

If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1

[     1] HAL user version 5.0.11 build 19959 Aug  6 2014 03:02:58

[     2] HAL kernel version 5.0.11 build 25762

Segmentation fault

root@phyboard-subra-imx6-1:~#

********************************************************************************************************

Thanks & Regards,

Narasimha

0 Kudos
4 Replies

narasimhuluorug
Contributor III

Hello,

Currently I am facing this the below issue. Please anuggest any inputs.

root@imx6qsabresd:~#

root@imx6qsabresd:~#

ocks@imx6qsabresd:~# /usr/share/qt5/examples/widgets/animation/moveblocks/moveblo

Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files. Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.

Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files. Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.

Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 1

Thanks & Regards,

Narasimha

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mean you build the kernel 3.14 not using yocto and then build rootfs in yocto with different kernel version?

0 Kudos

narasimhuluorug
Contributor III

Hi jimmychan,

Thanks for your reply. Here actually for the kernel BSP customization purpose only builded outside. Can you guide me how to switch the kernel in yocto

BSP to "imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga" branch which will supports dual display also.

Thanks & Regards,

Narasimha

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Attached is the Yocto User guide. In section 5.6, there is a 'repo init' command to download the kernel source code. The -b <branch name> option used for downloading the kernel from different branch. For your information, here is the list of Branch of different i.MX kernel version. linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

0 Kudos