To control two ethernet PHYs individually with i.MX6SX.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To control two ethernet PHYs individually with i.MX6SX.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6SX Ethernet.

On MCIMX6SX SDB, two ethernet PHYs are used, but control signals (RST, INT MDC, MDIO) are shared PHY1 and PHY2.

Then, our customer want to control two PHYs individually.

In this case, how connect i.MX6SX and two PHYs? and how control two PHYs individually?

Can we use same connection as SABRE and can I control them with each PHY address?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MDC and MDIO are the clock and data I/O signals of the RMII PHY management interface. They are common for both ENET modules. The PHY management interface can handle up to 32 PHYs simultaneously (the PHYs physical addresses should be configured differently in this case) and individually control them according to their addresses.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MDC and MDIO are the clock and data I/O signals of the RMII PHY management interface. They are common for both ENET modules. The PHY management interface can handle up to 32 PHYs simultaneously (the PHYs physical addresses should be configured differently in this case) and individually control them according to their addresses.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos