AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMX6 VPU OpenMaxIL Decoder

Question asked by kushal kunigal on Mar 1, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 by kushal kunigal

Hey Guys

I have just enabled the VPU Decoder for our Webrtc/ Opentok based Video chat application.

There are couple of issues Im trying to debug:

1. The color format: Although Im able to distinguish objects on the screen, the image appears to be in grayscale with green vertical lines. Opentok expects an output format of YUV420Planar. and I have a programmed the output port with the same.

2. Huge latency of 8s between the expected and actual. below is the logs, for some reason i suspect the frames are being skipped because the output buffer is not draining fast enough, below are the logs:

If you are familiar with the Openmax IL Architecture, the time between

I/OMXPlayer(  129): OMX.Freescale.std.video_decoder.vp8.hw-based EmptyBuffer 0x78c8b0c8.

and

E/ACodec  ( 1064): [OMX.Freescale.std.video_decoder.vpx.hw-based] onOMXFillBufferDone 0x78c6e9e8 time2125102309 us, flags = 0x00000000

I/ACodec  ( 1064): frame PTS 2125102309: 8033

As seen above: The complete Decoding cycle for a given frame is roughly 6-8 ms, which should be decent enough for streaming 1080p at 30fps?

I see that a lot of the frames are getting skipped:

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessInputBuffer() LINE: 585

I/OMXPlayer(  129): Filter In port has #0 buffers.

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessOutputBuffer() LINE: 642

I/OMXPlayer(  129): Filter Out port has #4 buffers.

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: virtual OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessDataBuffer() LINE: 424

I/OMXPlayer(  129): ProcessDataBuffer

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessInputBuffer() LINE: 585

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessOutputBuffer() LINE: 642

I/OMXPlayer(  129): Filter Out port has #4 buffers.

I/OMXPlayer(  129): LEVEL: 1 FUNCTION: virtual OMX_ERRORTYPE VideoFilter::ProcessDataBuffer() LINE: 424

I/OMXPlayer(  129): ProcessDataBuffer

my initial suspicion was that the OMX Component was not prioritized, but looks like working fine.

What would be your initial thoughts. Why does it say Filter In Port has #0 buffers, although the frames are arriving at 30 FPS.

any inputs really appreciated here:

Thanks

Kushal

Outcomes