Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto project build - package download Warnings

Jump to solution
maheshkumarkoda
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I am setting up Yocto project environment to build U-boot image for my customized board.

Before that, i'm running bitbake core-image-base,here I'm getting following warnings & errors:

1st attempt:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.24.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, output:

Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.

Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.

2nd attempt:

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.24.tar.bz2'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross-arm/2.24-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.10619

NOTE: recipe binutils-cross-arm-2.24-r0: task do_fetch: Failed

ERROR: Task 567 (/home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-cross_2.24.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Running task 139 of 2441 (ID: 1292, virtual:native:/home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/libmpc/libmpc_1.0.2.bb, do_fetch)

NOTE: recipe libmpc-native-1.0.2-r0: task do_fetch: Started

NOTE: recipe libmpc-native-1.0.2-r0: task do_fetch: Succeeded

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 139 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

3rd attempt:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.gnome.org/mobile-broadband-provider-info, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://github.com/Freescale/u-boot-fslc.git;branch=patches-2015.04, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

Cloning into bare repository '/home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/downloads//git2/github.com.Freescale.u-boot-fslc.git'...

fatal: unable to connect to github.com:

github.com[0: 192.30.252.128]: errno=Connection timed out

4th attempt:

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/Freescale/u-boot-fslc.git;branch=patches-2015.04'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2015.04+gitAUTOINC+5d9ffd2214-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.49076

NOTE: recipe u-boot-fslc-v2015.04+gitAUTOINC+5d9ffd2214-r0: task do_fetch: Failed

ERROR: Task 237 (/home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fslc_2015.04.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Running task 1627 of 2441 (ID: 2357, /home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_6.0.0.bb, do_package_write_rpm)

NOTE: recipe gmp-6.0.0-r0: task do_package_write_rpm: Started

NOTE: recipe gmp-6.0.0-r0: task do_package_write_rpm: Succeeded

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1627 tasks of which 138 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

5th attempt:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.17.21.tar.xz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: log_check: There is a warn message in the logfile

WARNING: log_check: Matched keyword: [WARNING:]

WARNING: log_check: WARNING: The license listed Firmware-atheros_firmware was not in the licenses collected for linux-firmware

NOTE: recipe core-image-base-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Succeeded

NOTE: Running noexec task 2441 of 2441 (ID: 11, /home/uidp5510/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb, do_build)

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2441 tasks of which 1636 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

(however I'm able to download them manually).

in 6th attempt, i got the following:

WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu-12.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.

Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00

Loaded 2090 entries from dependency cache.

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.26.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"

MACHINE           = "imx6qsabresd"

DISTRO            = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.8.1"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv7a vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"

TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"

meta             

meta-yocto        = "(nobranch):06d9c894636352a6c93711c7284d02b0c794a527"

meta-oe          

meta-multimedia   = "(nobranch):a7c1a2b0e6947740758136216e45ca6ca66321fc"

meta-fsl-arm      = "(nobranch):c9f259a4bf8472dfa3ff75f1c3fcbe5e0ded7aaf"

meta-fsl-arm-extra = "(nobranch):ad90ca98459f5de9483bb3ba5a81be0a67b078c3"

meta-fsl-demos    = "(nobranch):17f9da65efb5c65c1d44b5cc18584034b29a742b"

NOTE: Preparing RunQueue

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2441 tasks of which 2441 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.

(here, warning is about ubuntu version, i've 12.04, do you suggest to upgrade?)

Is the above results mean my environment resolved without any warnings? does it mean all the required packages downloaded successfully? (i can able to see binutils-2.24.tar.bz2 and .done file related to it in downloads folder and also u-boot source code in the path /fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fslc_2015.04)

Please help, do my environment is perfect to start building images? :smileyhappy:

1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahesh K K,

The first attempts were showing a problem basically with connectivity, as the Yocto BSP fetches the required source code on demand.

The last attempt, however, was successful. As you see, all tasks succeeded and the warning was not a show stopper.

You will be seeing the downloaded source code (which was all fetched successfully) and the images generated on:

<BSP_DIR>/<BUILD_DIR>/tmp/deploy/images/<MACHINE>/

Your environment seems to be ready to go!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahesh K K,

The first attempts were showing a problem basically with connectivity, as the Yocto BSP fetches the required source code on demand.

The last attempt, however, was successful. As you see, all tasks succeeded and the warning was not a show stopper.

You will be seeing the downloaded source code (which was all fetched successfully) and the images generated on:

<BSP_DIR>/<BUILD_DIR>/tmp/deploy/images/<MACHINE>/

Your environment seems to be ready to go!