How do you reference the MK64F12.h in SDK 3.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reference the MK64F12.h in SDK 3.0?

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

I noticed that with the new SDK 3.0, when you start a new project  it now says Kinetis SDK2.X Project.  I was

expecting Kinetis SDK3.X Project?  I also noticed that the proceeding windows have changed.

Anyways, if I create a new folder and name it include, then import all my .h files and then import all my .c files

into the existing source file and compile, it seems that it doesn't know where the MK64F12.h file is?

In my path settings, I have :

../CMSIS

which I imagine that the linker would look in to find it, but apparently that is not the case?  So, how/where can I

direct the linker to go find this file?

thank you,

Neil Porven

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil.

the latest KDS version is v3.0, but the latest KSDK version is v2.0.

regarding your project didn't find MK64F12.h, please check if the related path included. for example, with KDS, the path setting is as below.

can this help you?

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie,

I have KDS 3.1.0 and I did a KSDK build particularly for the K64F processor (SDK_2.0_K64F).  Here is a screen

shot of what I see, when I try to start a new project.

New.jpg

Strangely enough, if I choose Kinetis SDK 2.x Project, it doesn't place a SDK file? 

Did I downloaded something wrong, thinking it was the latest KDS and instead, I got

something else or is the KDS correct and now the SDK file is no longer needed because

it is being linked outside the IDE through paths?

Need help with this.....

Thank you,

Neil Porven

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil.

please make sure you have "New Kinetis sdk 2.x project wizard" installed to kds3.0

pastedImage_0.png

after the install, you will be able to see it in the menu:

pastedImage_1.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie,

Thank you.  Yes, I had already installed the sdk 2.x and have viewed the video.

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

In Addition,

Here is a screenshot of my Path and Symbols, once a new project is created:

Paths and Symbols.jpg

and here is what I see, when a new project is created:

New.jpg

Not sure what to do at this point, but if I import previous working/compiling projects they start complaining about define

in the MK64F12.h file.

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Update,

It appears that the new file structure doesn't contain an include file/folder and importing

it from my previous project doesn't seem to work (meaning fails to recognize the MK64F12.h).

If instead I import to the CMSIS file/folder, then some of the defines are seen.

Curiosly enough, looking at the previous project, SDK 3.0, MK64F12.h appears in two areas, inside

the CMSIS and in the startup file/folder. Another observation is that the two MK64F12.h are different

and have different builds.

Yet another interesting issue is that the way I addressed the registers under SDK 3.0 is now not

recognized by 3.1.0?   Example 3.0: UART0_PRC15 = some HEX value

Example 3.1: UART0->PRC[15] = some HEX value

0 Kudos

Jmart
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Neil,

The latest SDK release from NXP for Kinetis parts is v2.0. Where did you find SDK 3.0 for K64?

The SoC header file can be found in <install_dir>\devices\MK64F12. You'll want to include this directory in your compiler settings so that your compiler knows to look there for the proper include files for your project. The include folder option is -I in gcc, and you'll find similar project options in IAR, KDS, and Keil.

The linker will not look for the header files, this is part of the compilation process.

Jason

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jason,

Please take a look at ZhangJennie reply.   Sorry between KDS and SDK and KSDK, it all start looking the same after a while....

Thanks,

Neil Porven

0 Kudos