cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging bootloader and application files in KDS

reksbg
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using KDS 3.0 and I'm working on a project with MKE06Z128 and I'm having problems how to merge the bootloader elf or s19 file into the application elf file when I'm compiling the application. Before with S08 and S12 I just needed to add "HEXFILE bootloader.s19" into the Code Warrior linker file for the application. Can somebody please help me how to do that in KDS for the above MCU.

Thanks,

reksbg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Another possibility, at least in CodeWarrior (haven't tried in KDS yet) is to set up a target task to load the bootloader into flash separately.  I do that for development, and in production we use a P&E Cyclone ACP that's configured to install both images.

With the bootloader added under 'other executables' it's easier to debug bootloader issues, too.  I'm using my own fairly hefty C bootloader, though.  Hopefully if you're using a vendor-provided one you won't need to debug it!

Scott

0 Kudos

reksbg
Contributor I

Hi Erich, the srec did the job. Thanks :smileyhappy:.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here is an article how to use the SRecord utility: Merging S19 Files | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi reksbg,

I'm using the 'srecord' utility for this. It allows to do many S19 file manipulations (see CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ) and is used as well for combining s19 files. I recommend that you look at this tool.

I know there is a way to include binary data with the GNU linker, but I would have to research that

Erich

0 Kudos