Problem with PDB Processor Expert not generating IRQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PDB Processor Expert not generating IRQ

tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

I created what I think is a fairly simple sample project where I want to use Processor Expert to create a DAC output signal Generator.

As a first step I would like to see the PDB peripheral generate a pulse signal to verify that it's working.

I have KDS 3.0.0 installed.

and I created a Kinetis Processor Expert project (please see attachment for all steps that I followed)

I added the PDB Peripheral driver to my project and I believe I configured it to support an IRQ operation also using an external pin output, but when I run my code I do not see any activity.

I do not understand why its not working or what I could have set up wrong.

My sample project can be see on GITHUB: https://github.com/tsbiberdorf/signalGeneratorK22F

Thanks

Terrt

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

julioruzicki
Contributor II

Hi Alice, I already tried these last two examples but unsuccessfully. I'm using kds v3.0 on linux. Could you explain a little more about PDB? How configure, enable and call the PDB interrupt?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julio,

- About the basic usage of PDB, i recommend you first check the part of 37.4 Functional description

on K22 Reference Manual .

- If you download the KSDK v2.0 for FRDM-K22,  there is a DAC_PDB demo , you can check and

learn how to configure :

SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\pdb\dac_trigger

- The attachment DOC introduce how to use PDB trigger ADC, the theory is the same with DAC,

i think it is helpful to understand the process of PDB .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

julioruzicki
Contributor II

Dear Alice, thanks by your help. I'm trying use the DAC to generate a sinus with interrupt. So I tried the examples on help of kinetis but just the simpler worked. My project is follow. I would like use the PDB to generate a interrupt to put a new value to DAC.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B90HDmfyvQ9USmRiY0d0QURxRG8

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julio,

- Which version of KDS do you used ? I use KDS v3.2 , open your project

on my side , it like this :

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_0.png

- About the DAC_LDD usage , you can right lick the component, then click the

"help on component" , there is "Typical Usage" , you can refer to :

pastedImage_1.png

- You can use the Init_PDB component and DAC_LDD component :

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Terry,

I have checked your project , please enable the interrupt of timer:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

julioruzicki
Contributor II

Hello, I'm tryng make works a kinetis example. The frist one works, but the sendo not. The second uses PDB and interrupts but I noted that the interrupt DA1_OnBufferStart doesn't happens.

Coud you help me?

Regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julio,

For this question in this thread have  a long time , so could you please describe your question

at this time clearly ? And you can also send your project to me .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos