Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to mount a usb stick?

Jump to solution
damienhuang
Contributor IV

Hi

I am using the imx6q-sabrelite board with Lollipop 5.0, I set up the device tree for OTG support. when I insert a usb memory stick into the OTG port, I can see the below message being output on the console.

usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 6 using ci_hdrc

usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected

scsi7 : usb-storage 1-1:1.0

init_gpio_data:-2

imx-sgtl5000 sound.25: ASoC: CODEC (null) not registered

imx-sgtl5000 sound.25: snd_soc_register_card failed (-517)

platform sound.25: Driver imx-sgtl5000 requests probe deferral

scsi 7:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Imation  ImationFlashDriv PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 4

sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] 7577600 512-byte logical blocks: (3.87 GB/3.61 GiB)

sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off

sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] No Caching mode page found

sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through

sdb: sdb1

sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk

But I could not find where the sdb1 was mounted, the 'mount' command indicated to me it was not mounted, so I tried to mount it manually by doing the below:

root@nitrogen6x:/data/media # mkdir usb

root@nitrogen6x:/data/media # mount -t vfat /dev/block/sdb1 ./usb

And the machine response with:

type=1400 audit(8699.720:12): avc: denied { read } for pid=1962 comm="mount" name="sdb1" dev="tmpfs" ino=9655 scontext=u:r:init_shell:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:block_device:s0 tclass=blk_file permissive=0

FAT-fs (sdb1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

type=1400 audit(8699.730:13): avc: denied { mount } for pid=1962 comm="mount" name="/" dev="sdb1" ino=1 scontext=u:r:init_shell:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:vfat:s0 tclass=filesystem permissive=0

mount: Permission denied

type=1400 audit(8699.750:14): avc: denied { mount } for pid=1962 comm="mount" name="/" dev="sdb1" ino=1 scontext=u:r:init_shell:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:vfat:s0 tclass=filesystem permissive=0

255|root@nitrogen6x:/data/media #

Could someone tell me why and how to mount the usb disk?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Damien

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Damien,

The issue in your case is that SELinux is enabled and prevents you to mount the USB disk from console. Several options:

- so the same command in 'adb shell' which isn't under the same sepolicy as the console

- disable or make permissive selinux (in U-Boot do 'setenv selinux permissive; saveenv')

However, in our Lollipop release, the USB disk is automatically mounted if it is properly formatted in FAT32. It should appear under /storage/udisk:

android_device_boundary/fstab.freescale at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_de...

android_device_boundary/init.rc at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_device_bou...

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Damien,

The issue in your case is that SELinux is enabled and prevents you to mount the USB disk from console. Several options:

- so the same command in 'adb shell' which isn't under the same sepolicy as the console

- disable or make permissive selinux (in U-Boot do 'setenv selinux permissive; saveenv')

However, in our Lollipop release, the USB disk is automatically mounted if it is properly formatted in FAT32. It should appear under /storage/udisk:

android_device_boundary/fstab.freescale at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_de...

android_device_boundary/init.rc at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_device_bou...

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
damienhuang
Contributor IV

Thanks Gary. your instructions worked.

0 Kudos