Does NXP has a javacard solution?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NXP has a javacard solution?

alejandrozanott
Contributor I

I am researching this specific card for a project and I was wondering if it was something like this from NXP.

Gemalto IDCore3020: http://www.gemalto.com/dwnld/6896_IDCore3020_Product_Datasheet_Jan14.pdf

The implementation is to have a dual interface (contact and nfc) card, that provides identification and authentication.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alejandro Zanotti:

I am not familiar with the Javacards, but from the description of your requirements I guess the connected tags solution from NXP might come handy for you. See the next page for information about these tags:

Connected Tag Solutions|NXP

The connected tags have the advantage of providing a connected interface (I2C) together with an NFC interface.

I hope this information helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

alejandrozanott
Contributor I

Jorge:

This was useful, I could not find a "card" as a product in the link (might be my bad), I think they were more into microcontroller solution. I was looking for an actual card.

Thank you for replying.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alejandro:

My bad, sorry. You are right, the solution I pointed to refers to dual-interface NFC tags (I2C and ISO 14443). This tags would be typically used in an embedded system.

For your question the closest product match from NXP would be the SmartMX family of smart card controllers. NXP only sells the controller ICs, not the smart card, so you would need to buy them from a third party vendor.

SmartMX dual interface controllers|NXP

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos