Upgraded to KDS 3.1, now getting GDB server timeout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to KDS 3.1, now getting GDB server timeout

mike1974
Contributor III

I recently updgraded from KDS 2.0 to 3.1. Now I'm getting a GDB server timeout.  I went back to KDS 2.0 to try it, and it worked fine. 

I am including some screen shots.

141519_141519.JPGCapture.JPG

141520_141520.JPGCapture2.JPG

When I close GDB server this appears:

141521_141521.JPGCapture3.JPG

My settings:

141522_141522.JPGCapture4.JPG

Labels (1)
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see that you are using your local GDB server.

The 3.1 update does not change the GDB server, but updates the GNU ARM Eclipse panels, so this might cause problems in your case, not sure.

I'm using the one inside KDS with:

${jlink_path}/${jlink_gdbserver}

pastedImage_0.png

Your first screenshot shows that you are already running the GDB (standalone), but you have this enabled

pastedImage_1.png

which means that you run a second instance? I recommend that you close the standalone GDB server and try again.

Last but not least: I recommend that you update the Segger J-Link software from the version V4.98a you have to a later version. E.g. see Updating Segger Tools in Eclipse Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

mike1974
Contributor III

Thanks Erich, to answer your question, the standalone GDB server appears automatically when I start the debugger (I click on the little bug icon for Debug, and start debugger by selecting my configuration).

Then, each time I stop debugging I close the standalone.  I don't think this is a problem, since it works fine with KDS 2.0.  Also, I did not specify any particular configuration parameters to make this happen, so far as I know.  It just worked that way from the time I installed KDS 2.0

I will also try changing the path to use relative instead of hardcoded, but here again I don't see why this would cause a problem.

But mainly I'm responding because I think it's important to do as you suggested and download the latest J-Link software.  But, to my dismay, when I go to Segger and download it, and try to run the installer, my whole computer locks up and I have to restart!  :smileysad:

Have you ever heard of such a thing??  I guess I could contact Segger...

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

no, I have not seen something like this. And it is probably the best if you could report the details to Segger so they could check what is going wrong.

Erich

0 Kudos